Step Spritely 2015
- Event Date
- February ??, 2015
- Likely Site
- Meadowvale West Church Centre
6945 Meadowvale Town Centre Circle,
- There is ample free parking
- The hall is wheelchair accessible
- The event is Baby Friendly
- The Church Center is a few minutes North West of Toronto, Ontario along Highway 401
- Transit Access The site is steps from the Meadowvale Town Centre Transit Hub, which is on the Milton GO bus line from Union Station. Here are some basic Public Transit Directions from Toronto which can be altered for any starting point.
- Driving Directions: Have a look at This map, then make your way to the 401 towards Mississauga
- From the West
- Take Exit 333, Winston Churchill and go south
- Turn left on Aquitane Avenue
- Turn right on Glen Erin
- Turn right on any of the streets which lead to the ring road around the mall
- From the East
- Take Exit 336, Erin Mills Parkway and go south
- Turn right on Battleford Road
- Turn right on Glen Erin
- Turn left on any of the streets which lead to the ring road around the mall
- Loud Band Fundraiser
- Thanks to the generosity of the dancers and Vest Yorvik, we raised approximately $1200 to equip a Loud Band for our collective Dancing pleasure
- Instruments will be loaned for one year under the stewardship of Mistress Emma and Master Martin
- Donations in any amount are welcome and appreciated, but not required
- A Full Day of Classes
- Join us for a full day of Mediaeval and Renaissance Dance Classes for everyone, both Social and Performance
- We also have classes for musicians and those with an academic interest in Early Dance
|Time||Room A |
Carpeted room (left door)
| Room B |
(next to Sanctuary, right door)
| Room C, Music Classes |
|10:15|| Warm-up || || |
|6:15 - 7:30 ||Dinner Break|
|11:00 || Refreshments|
- Garb Requirements
- Garb is optional during the day while we learn 'about' period dance
- Standard garb requirements (an attempt at pre-17th century costume) apply for the evening Revel and Ball
- To help set the mood, please try to remain 'in persona' when in garb. (i.e. avoid "modern" topics of conversations).
- Evening Ball and Revel
- The ball dances will be taught during the day
- Ball List
- The Site closes Very late!
- All musicians are invited to play for the ball. Please visit the Musician Page for details.
- Sixth Annual 'After Steps' Sunday Practice
- Join us on Sunday for a focused dance workshop followed by open dancing
- Supper and Drinks
- Complimentary period non-alcoholic beverages will still be available throughout the event
- The site is dry (Ontario law prohibits BYOB)
- The site is part of the Meadowvale Town Center and there are countless restaurants and a 24 hour Metro across the parking lot
- We will provide tables for those who bring food from home or choose take-out. We have access to a microwave and a few outlets for crock pots.
- Please note that this is a Nut Free Facility
- Fees and Contact Information
- For more information, please contact
- New to the SCA?
- The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is a history club devoted to studying and re-creating the best aspects of life in the Middle Ages and Renaissance. It could be considered a historical re-enactment or living history organization. Unlike most of these, however, the SCA does not concentrate on a narrowly defined time period, let alone a specific war or other event. It also has no minimum standard of authenticity.
SCA activities are open to everyone and have more to do with re-creation (and recreation) than with re-enactment. The only requirement for attending an event is wearing an attempt at pre-17th century garment. This easily attainable requirement is one of the strengths of the Society. It makes it possible to participate on a small budget. It also means participants with all degrees of skill and spare time can find their niche. As long someone is interested in an aspect of Mediaeval or Renaissance life, there is a place for them in the SCA. Perhaps this is why some describe the SCA as a large group of people with interlocking hobbies.
To find out more about the SCA, you can contact the Event
or visit the following sites
More details to follow, please come back often
This file last modified: 2014/09/17
The current date is: 2014/11/01 08:11
© 2014 Marc Collins, Ontario Renaissance Dance Guild
Your IP is: 184.108.40.206